—Listen, honey. Don't you think we've taken this whole vintage fad a tad too far?
—Too far? Whatever do you mean, dear?
—Well, I was all in favor of getting little Suzie those handmade wooden alphabet blocks instead of the LeapPad2 tablet. Both of us played with wooden toys when we were kids, and we both turned out okay.
—We sure did. And none of my old toys were as carefully crafted as these blocks. Each one is sanded and branded by hand. You just don't find quality like that these days.
—I can't argue with you there. And Suzie absolutely loves playing with them, spelling out words and practicing her addition. But ever since we got those blocks, you've been slowly replacing all our stuff with old junk.
—Junk? Since when is a 1932 Royal Quiet DeLuxe typewriter junk? Hemingway used to write with one of these.
—Yeah, but Hemingway didn't work from home as a freelance web designer. How am I supposed to code when you threw out our computer?
—You don't have to do computer stuff anymore, dear. You can help me with my candle making business. These tapers aren't going to dip themselves, you know. Or if you're worried about burning your delicate coder's fingers, you could water the garden.
—By garden, do you mean the pile of dirt in our bathtub? We live in Brooklyn … in an apartment … on the fifth floor. It's not exactly Green Acres.
—So what … I suppose you'd like to go back to our cookie-cutter consumer past where we only buy things with circuit boards and batteries instead of rusty metal and rivets.
—I'm not saying that we stop buying vintage. I just think we need to come to a compromise. How about we keep Suzie's toys, your nightgowns and my shaving tools retro. For everything else, we'll rock-paper-scissors to see who gets to choose. Deal?
—Fine. It's a deal. But I'm keeping the wood-burning stove. It's so much easier to cure fatback than with the gas range.
Deal #: 2922
2610 Rocky Springs Dr., Marietta, Georgia, United States
• $40 Coupon to Justin’s Wood Creations including: $25 paid value plus up to $15 promotional value
• Limit 5 coupons per customer; can buy 5 more as gifts
• Coupon Paid Value Expires: Never
• Promotional Value Expires: August 20, 2013
• Not to be combined with other offer
• Valid for online purchases, in-store order, and over-the-phone
• Only 1 coupon per transaction
• Shipping included; ships through USPS priority, and delivers in 1-2 weeks
• Taxes included
• Redemption Instructions:
- This coupon will serve as your receipt; the coupon code printed on this form is not directly redeemable on http://www.etsy.com/listing/119004273/alphabet-blocks-and-numbers-wood-burned?ref=cat2_gallery_25
- Your Alphabet Blocks will be shipped to the address you provided upon purchase at OnSale in 1-2 weeks
- For change of Ship-to address, please call 770-722-5185 or email Justin.firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your full name, coupon code, deal ordered and the updated ship-to address. Put ‘OnSale Promo’ as the subject of the email.
- If you have any questions, please contact OnSale Customer Service at 1-888-760-0300.